We know that there are a lot of smartphone manufacturers in this world. However, only a few of them have their own SoC. A SoC, or system-on-a-chip to give its full name, integrates almost all of these components into a single silicon chip. Along with a CPU, SoC usually contains a GPU (a graphics processor), memory, USB controller, power management circuits, and wireless radios (WiFi, 3G, 4G LTE, and so on). Manufacturers who have successfully implemented their own chips include market leaders Samsung with its “Exynos”, Apple with its “A” series, and Huawei with its own “Kirin” processor. Xiaomi will be the 4th player joining them very soon.
We first heard news of Xiaomi developing its own chips in mid-2015 when the vice president of the processor manufacturer Leadcore announced a partnership with Xiaomi to help it design them. Today we are really excited and proud to announce that Xiaomi is going to lift the lid on the details about its own “Pinecone” SoC on 28th February! This would make Xiaomi the second Chinese smartphone manufacturer only after Huawei to produce its own processing units.
Surge S1 Full Specifications :
Octa-core 64-bit chipset (4xA53 cores 2.2GHz + 4xA53 cores 1.4GHz)
– 28nm High Performance Computing (HPC) process
– Mali-T860 quad-core GPU
– AFBC + ASTC image compression technology
– 32-bit high performance DSP for voice processing
– 14-bit dual ISP; enhanced image processing capabilities
– Surge ISP algorithm improves camera light sensitivity by 150%
– Dual noise reduction algorithm reduces noise and preserves image detail in low light
– Upgradable baseband; programmable modem, OTA upgradable
– VoLTE high quality call and video support
– Chip-level security; TEE architecture, strict compliance with safety regulations
– Antutu score 64,817
Xiaomi says that it beats the 14nm Snapdragon 625 and both MediaTek Helio P10 as well as P20 in Geekbench 4.0 CPU multi-core benchmark and GFXBench Manhattan off-screen benchmark.
Yes, we know what you are thinking Is snapdragon better than Surge S1. OR Mediatek better than Surge S1. Soon You experience Surge in your new Xiaomi phones.