Why Xiaomi Redmi Mobiles does not come with previous dialer app:
As we all know, the GDPR policy followed by many countries, and the Indian government also ban many MIUI apps due to user’s privacy issues. Here Xiaomi takes a step back and pulls back his custom dialer and messaging app from MIUI and use Google’s official stock dialer and messaging app.
How to Records Calls in new Redmi Mobiles:
As you know, MIUI’s dialer not available on Redmi mobiles but still you can record calls. Android’s default dialer also gives us a recording facilty. You can easily record calls in Redmi mobiles no matter which is Redmi 9, Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.
Follow the below steps to records calls in Xiaomi’s new Redmi mobiles:
- Launch the dialer app and make a call to any number
- Now once the person picks the call, Your display options changed.
- Now right swipe the screen.
- Here you get a Record button. Enable this button
- Now your call record start
Follow below steps to Access recorded calls in Redmi new mobiles:
- Launch the dialer App.
- Go to the Recent Calls section.
- Here you see your last calls.
- In the list, After name/number you see a mic icon (Small blue icon)
- Click on that Mic icon.
- Now you see your call recording play.
- You can share this recording via the share option.
Any drawback of Google Dialer app call recording?
Yes, This is good that they give recording options but as we are MIUI users and we always expect more. few limitations are given below:
- We can not auto-enable this recording functionality. Every time we need to manually enable that button to record the call.
- We can not see the actual location of recorded files.
- These recorded files cannot be backup like previously our call recordings sync with MI cloud, and all data can be restored if we lose/change the phone.
- A system-generated voice message appears when we start the recording which says This call is recorded.
So now you can easily record calls on your Xiaomi’s Redmi mobiles. However previous MIUI dialer is far better. but still, you can go with the Google dialer.
If you looking for a working solution to use the previous MIUI dialer in the new Redmi phones., then don’t worry soon we share a working step-by-step guide to rollback your old MIUI dialer with the recording facilty.