This grub-pc package error normally occur while installing Ubuntu or Elemenatry OS. This error occurred because we cannot boot a UEFI system through grub-pc.So UEFI system needs grub-efi package to boot our system. in order to load grub-efi package during installation just connects your system with internet and see all things done automatically. Don’t compulsory to download third party updates during installation.
Behind The Scene:
We can use both UEFI & legacy BIOS mode for installation purpose. which we select, it’s depends on several factors like:
- If other system (win7, 8 or GNU Linux) install in UEFI mode, then Linux must be install in UEFI mode.
- If other system (win7, 8 or GNU Linux) install in Legacy mode, then Linux must be install in Legacy mode.
- If Elementry OS is single OS in HDD then no matter what we select.
grub-pc package has defined the Legacy mode policies and through grub-efi package used for UEFI systems.
Search Content List:
- the ‘grub-pc’ package failed to install into /target/ error in Elementary os
- the ‘grub-pc’ package failed to install into /target/ error in Freya / Ubutnu
- How to solve grub-pc error
- grub-pc error while installing Linux
- Linux UEFI errors solutions