We all know that Kali Linux 2.0 (sana) is roll out on Aug 11,2015. Kali Linux introduce various updates in new version. Some are described below:
- Continuously Updated Tools, Enhanced Workflow
- Kali 2.0 now natively supports KDE, GNOME3, Xfce, MATE, e17, lxde and i3wm
- Metasploit Community / Pro no longer ships in Kali
root@kali:~# root@kali:~# apt-get update Segmentation fault Reading package lists... Done root@kali:~#
Segmentation fault solution:
Open sources.list file via following commands in your system terminal.
root@kali:~# leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list
Through the above command sources.list file is open in leafpad editor.
Remove all the existing content from the file (sources.list).
and paste following lines in the sources.list
# Regular repositories deb http://http.kali.org/kali sana main non-free contrib deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security sana/updates main contrib non-free # Source repositories deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali sana main non-free contrib deb-src http://security.kali.org/kali-security sana/updates main contrib non-free
and save the file. after that run following command in terminal
After that you see your system get updates from server.
Search content list:
- Segmentation fault when updating Kali Linux 2.0 Sana
- How to solve Segmentation error in Kali Linux
- How to update Kali Linux.
- How to update Kali Linux 2.0 Sana.
- Edit sources.list in Linux