Hello MIUIers, hope you are doing well. Today we discuss invalid IMEI problem in Xiaomi phones. Normally you face this problem when you upgrade/downgrade MIUI version. Nowadays everyone enjoying MIUI 8 in their phones but some Mi fans don’t like MIUI 8 because of various bugs like battery drain issue which is still there. Hope this bug resolve soon in next updates. So if you downgrade your MIUI version then may be you face No Network problem in your Mi device. This will happen because of IMEI number. Your device IMEI number is deleted during ROM flash that’s why you are facing this problem.
You can solve this IMEI error easily but procedure is totally depend on your ophone’s processor. If your Xiaomi phone processor is MTK then you follow a different guide. here we only give steps for snapdragon processor. You can solve IMEI problem for all Xioami devices no matter which you are using like Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 / Prime, Redmi 3S / Prime, Redmi note 3, Redmi note 4G, Mi 2, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi 5s plus etc. you just need to use diffrent QCN files according to your Xiaomi device.
Things to do before start :
- Windows based OS (7/8/10)
- Download IMEI Converter from here.
- Download QPST from here.
- Download ADB Fastboot driver setup from here.
- Download Qualcomm Driver from here.
- Download UltraEdit software from here.
Download QCN Files for Xiaomi Devices :
- Download QCN file for Redmi 2 /Prime from here.
- Download QCN file for Redmi 3S /Prime from here.
- Download QCN file for Redmi note 3 from here.
- Download QCN file for mi 3 from here.
- Download QCN file for mi 4 from here.
- Download QCN file for mi 5 from here.
- Download QCN file for Mi Max from here.
- Download QCN file for Mi Note from here.
Steps to Restore IMEI in Xiaomi Mobiles :
Before going to start first download above all required files in your system and install IMEI converter, UltraEdit and QPST in your system.
Follow below steps to solve IMEI error in Xiaomi devices :
- Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup and following commands to enable diag mode.
- Launch IMEI converter and enter Your orginal IMEI number and convert this number in a specific format. Same thing do for slot 2 IMEI and note down these converted string in notepad.
- Launch Ultraedit software and open QCN file which you download from above given link.
- Find this string in QCN file “08 8A 76 15 02 82 19 52 55” and replace with the number which you convert via IMEI converter tool.
- Find again for sim slot 2 “08 8A 76 15 02 82 19 52 51” and replace with the string which you convert for SIM 2.
- Again launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot and run Following commands.
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/modemst1
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/modemst2
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 of=/sdcard/fsg
These commands will create a backup of the existing images.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20
These commands will wipe off the modemst1 modemst2 and fsg partitions
- After that phone restart automattically.
- Again follow first step to enable diag mode.
- Now run QPST software and select the Ports tab.
- You should see the port added automatically
In case you dont see any port you can use the “Add New Port” button
- Now Click on the Start Clients option on the Top Menu bar. and select Software Download.
- You will see a Window like this
- Click on the restore tab and then browse to the file that you just saved.
- Now click the start Button
- Once it is done Reboot your system and You should have your IMEI restored.
After following above steps you can restored your IMEI number. We understand the steps are too complex. Soon we come with an easier guide. but as of now you can follow this to restore your IMEI number. Now you don’t face baseband error in your xiaomi phones.
Enjoy Xiaomi services because:
Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.