Why should I buy a Redmi device? What makes Redmi different from others? Why do you always recommend a Redmi phone whenever I talk about buying a new phone? If you have such questions, read this article to get some of your doubts cleared..! I am using Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and yes I am in love with it.
So in this article, I am going to discuss some of the exclusive or nearly exclusive features of Xiaomi mobile phones.
Benefits of Having a Xiaomi Phone:
- Uninstall Useless Apps: Lot of applications can be uninstalled as various basic third party applications are directly available as inbuilt features in Redmi phones or as inbuilt applications. Some of them which I can count on my fingertips are ‘App Lock’, ‘Data Usage Manager’, ‘Theme Changer’, ‘Ringtones Downloader’, ‘Anti-Viruses’, ‘Storage Manager’ and ‘Cache Cleaner’.
Removing such applications means freeing up a lot of space.
- Hide Files Easily: In Xiaomi phones, you can hide your Files, Notes, SMS and Photos just by dragging down in respective applications. We don’t need any third party insecure vaults to safeguard or storage. Data loss is not a chance here which makes it very handy.
Click here to know – How to hide files in Xiaomi phones
- Best Battery Backup: Xiaomi Phones have the best battery backup. It is possible just because of huge battery capacity and out of the box optimization techniques. On a 4000mAh battery, a 5-inch Redmi 3s phone can run around 24 hours and sometimes even more without battery consuming apps like Facebook and Instagram.
TECHNICAL POINT: Xiaomi’s algorithm for automatically decides which app to run in the background and which to force stop. It also stops certain applications to give notifications when the phone is locked and in sleep mode. This all comes under “MIUI Optimisation”.
- Better Data Usage Options: Xiaomi gives you multiple options to restrict data access to various applications even when using Wi-Fi. We can restrict the applications to use whether Mobile Data or Wi-Fi or None. This method does save a lot of data which get used up in background activities.
Click here to know – How to use data Usages feature in Xiaomi phones
- Smooth and User-Friendly UI: Xiaomi phones don’t have any main menu or app drawers. This reduces the task to go to App Drawers and is very friendly for those who are using Xiaomi device for the first time. This also reduces the RAM consumption as no app drawer is required to run in the background. Themes, Fonts, Ringtones, and Wallpapers make it more user-friendly and thus attracting a lot of Fans for itself.
- Easy Factory Reset and Backup: In other phones unlike X, if we factory reset it, we would lose all the data and stored applications and their data. Imagine if you are playing a game for 3 months, have unlocked everything and now you have to reset the phone. In other cases, you would lose all your progress but in Xiaomi phones you can easily backup and then factory reset it. After the successful reset, you can restore all the applications and their data. You no longer have to install all the individual applications one by one.
Click here to know – How to take backup and restore Xiaomi device detailed guide
- Additional Services: There are various applications like Mi Message, Mi Cloud, one Mi Account for all your devices where you can sync your data. This way chance of data loss is minimal and data is also safe. Mi Message reduces your SMS carrier charges and thus helps a lot economically. Mi Cloud is free and an additional benefit apart from the Google Drive.
Click here to know – 10 things you should know about Xiaomi phones
- Fingerprint Sensor: Fingerprint Scanner is very fast and lag free. I have been using my beast, Redmi Note 3 since last 1 year and haven’t felt any problem in this scanner. There have been rumors that there might be some extra usage of a Fingerprint scanner for shortcuts and calling emergency services in MIUI 9 but this is yet to be seen.
- Supports OTG: All the Xiaomi phones support data transfer through OTG connection. Xiaomi was one of the first Brands to introduce it in phones in the Indian Market. I have been using this feature extensively and am sure this is one of the best features any phone could have. Now, almost every smartphone is coming with this feature but still, this has to be added to the list.
- IR Blaster: Xiaomi is again one of the first Brands to introduce IR Blaster (Mobile Remote) in low budget smartphones. I have been using my device as a remote and it works quite fine with almost all electronics. This feature was nowhere in low budget smartphones unless Xiaomi introduced it.
After knowing above features you definitely love with Xiaomi phones. Now you easily understand why everyone recommended Xiaomi phones. and why Xiaomi is no. 1 in smartphone selling. Many phones are top selling products of Xiaomi. These phones are worth of money. No matter which is Redmi 1s, Redmi 2, Redmi 3s /Prime, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi note 3, Redmi Note 4, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 5, Mi 6 etc. all phones comes in a pocket friendly budget with best build quality.